Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Which Magazines?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Mark Normal's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 11th, 2004
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    ok just thought this might be interesting to find out what magazines you read (i mean film wise)

    Empire
    total film
    Hotdog
    Movie insider (altho i think this one is finished)
    Cinefx
    etc etc ..

    you dont have to keep to the ones i listed i cant think of them all but i do know one of the best is no longer around oohhh i miss neon lets hear some comments

    MN

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member miker's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 1999
    Posts
    2,621
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    can't say i read anything regularly. if i could be bothered then maybe Screen International or it's on-line counterpart Screen Daily.

    i'm subscribed to Shooting People and that's about it.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Mark Normal's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 11th, 2004
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ok i suppose i best come clean as to why i put this post up i actually work for as a designer for Hotdog and i just wanted to find out if any of you guys read it at all clearly not damn you LoL

  4. #4
    Inactive Member untamed_aggression's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2001
    Posts
    679
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I used to read Empire, Total Film and Hotdog, but now I'm so skint I can't afford any of them.

    Personally, I favoured Hotdog for it's coverage on older classic movies, instead of pimping the latest empty SFX-loaded trash to the masses.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member nunquam's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 8th, 2004
    Posts
    23
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    They can be pricy, so I usually read them directly from the rack in bookstores. [img]redface.gif[/img]

    I like The Independent, Res, Videographer and Filmmaker. Psychotronic is fun sometimes. (I'm in the USA, so I'm not sure if any of these are carried outside the country.)

    I also like to look at some of the B&W photography magazines and at art magazines for ideas, or for info about video installations.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ August 12, 2004 05:13 PM: Message edited by: nunquam ]</font>

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The technique based mags like American Cinematographer and the like are good but I am never fully satisfied with them so often I don't get them. On a plus side they keep me updated in advancements in technology and what other DPs are doing or have done...So they are worth a flip through.

    I actually really like Variety and Hollywood Reporter. They keep you up to date on what is going on behind the scenes in the board rooms and you can follow trends in the Business side of things.

    Good Luck

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •